Last season, we noticed we weren't sleeping as comfortably, and were waking less rested; we knew we'd be looking at a re-do sooner, rather than later. We started looking around for a fabric we liked (not at the $100/yd mark) and could afford. After all, we figured we'd be needing 21 yards all told! It was surprisingly difficult to find a fabric that would work for us. First off, given it's function we wanted a polyester fabric, backed, and with a high abrasion resistance rating. We knew we wanted to stay in the blue colour spectrum, with a little pattern/texture to it, and with the 7' settee seating in the salon, we wanted something that said calm, warm, and inviting. It took several trips back and forth to the marina with samples in hand; it was surprising how the colours/tones changed when viewing the fabric swatches aboard the boat! Eventually we did find a fabric that -to us- fit the bill on all counts, so the real work began.
Well...., Lisa got another big chuck of this job knocked off today. While we (Lisa) are doing the coverings ourselves, the new foam is getting cut to size by the local 'Foam Shop'. I dropped the old ones off mid week, and she had the replacements ready Sat. morning. Other than waiting for the batting to arrive and then be glued to the foam, followed by the fabric tuft buttons, the salon seats are pretty much done. In the pics below you can see the progression.